Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Top Five Novelty Food Christmas Ornaments

My Favorite Top Five Glass Blown Food Ornaments:

One of the fun traditions for our family is to pick out a brand new ornament every year to add to our Christmas Tree. We started this tradition when we purchased a baby ornament for each of our three children to hang on the tree, then allowed them to each pick out their own ornaments as they got older.

One of unique ornaments that my children started purchasing was food shaped Christmas ornaments like pickles, orange wedges and other various kinds of food made from glass that are hand painted.

I have researched and found some very cool food ornaments for the foodie in all of us. These food ornament are my top 5 favorites. I enjoy the ones that are made from glass, then hand painted as this gives that rare one of a kind feeling instead of looking like their mass produced.


1. My first pick is this Taco Ornament. My family loves Mexican food and this Taco is adorable. It features meat, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes in a shell that are all hand painted in bright colors, but the fine details like the bumps on the shell and added glitter really make it special. This ornament would be a fun addition to any ones Christmas tree that really enjoys Mexican food.









2. Who isn't a fan of the all American burger? This cute little cheeseburger is my second pick and it will make you smile with it's golden,wheat flecked bun filled with a thick meat patty, slice of cheese, Ketchup, lettuce and relish on a bun. You'll have to hang the Cheeseburger Christmas Ornament at the top of your tree to keep your hungry guests from eating it.This cheese burger ornament was delicately hand painted with many bright lacquers and glitters for both Adults and Children to enjoy.

3. My third pick is for that person who really loves pizza. You can celebrate your love of
this wonderful food with this cute Slice of Pizza loaded with 
pepperoni,black olives, green peppers and
cheese.The detail in this ornaments from the olives to the bright red tomato sauce will make your mouth water. Created from blown glass and hand painted this food ornament will stand out on any tree.  
4. Number Four on my favorite list is a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Ornament that brings back my childhood days of School, Friends and the wonderment of Christmas. Do you have a childhood memory of 
the best Christmas ever? Would you like to recreate that again or surprise the child in your life with this fun Sandwich Ornament? This ornament has two thick slices of white bread with peanut butter and sticky grape jelly oozing out like the one you ate as child or still love today. This sandwich is just begging for you to take a bite.












5. My last food ornament is my favorite, because it has to do with the first meal of the day. Breakfast! Who
can turn down Hot Pancakes for breakfast on a cold winter morning with all that sweet tasting syrup dripping down the sides. This Short Stack of  3 golden Pancakes is sitting on a red plate topped with pad of butter and  sweet maple syrup running down the sides.











All of these beautifully hand painted nostalgic blown glass novelty food ornaments are created by Old World Christmas company and remind me of the ones that I had growing up as a child. I have several of these types of Christmas Ornaments in Planes, Wooden Soldiers, Snowmen and even a green pickle that my daughter picked out. along with several others hanging on my tree every Christmas. They bring back a feeling of Christmases past for me, but also add the right touch if you want to recreate a vintage Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment